Applying to Cal Poly
How to Apply to Cal Poly
New students wishing to apply to Cal Poly should refer to the "Prospective Students" page on the Cal Poly site.
Please visit the Cal Poly Admissions website for more information on how to apply to Cal Poly.
For prospective incoming students with questions about Advance Placement (AP) units, please contact the College of Liberal Arts Advising Center.
Internal Transfer Student
The Social Sciences Department welcomes transfer applications from current Cal Poly students into Anthropology-Geography or Sociology. In order to be eligible to enter either program, you must have a personal interview with the Department Chair, and you must meet the following requirements:
- Anthropology-Geography: You must have taken at least three courses at Cal Poly with an ANT or GEOG prefix.
- Sociology: You must have taken at least three courses at Cal Poly with a SOC prefix.
- You must have completed STAT 217 or STAT 221 with a C- or better.
- You must have a Cal Poly cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, or you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in each of the last two consecutive quarters.
- You must not be on Academic Probation at the time of the interview.
- You must have completed at least two quarters at Cal Poly.
When you meet all of these requirements, please schedule an appointment with the Social Sciences Department Chair.
*Please be aware that these policies are subject to change