- Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 12B
- Phone: 805-756-1371
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.staceyrucas.com/
- Biological Anthropology
- Cultural Anthropology
- ANG Research Design and Methods
- Human Behavioral Ecology
- Professional Preparation for Anthropology and Geography
- Indigenous South Americans
Human evolutionary ecology, life history theory, medical anthropology & behavioral ecology of sleep, women’s social dynamics, characteristics of social networks, coalitions and partnerships, life-history characteristics of resource competition and cooperation, cultural evolutionary ecology.
Invited Referred Book Chapters:
· Miller, A and Rucas, S.L. 2017. Social aggression, sleep, and wellbeing among Sidama Women of rural southwestern Ethiopia. Oxford Handbook of Women and Competition. Ed. Maryanne L. Fisher. 413-434. New York. Oxford University Press
· Rucas, S.L. 2017. Cooperation drives competition among Tsimane Women of the Bolivian Amazon. Oxford Handbook of Women and Competition. Ed. Maryanne L. Fisher. 107-132. New York. Oxford University Press
Referred Journal Articles:
· Rucas, S.L. and Miller, A. 2013. Sleep and risk-taking propensity in life history and evolutionary perspectives. Structure and Dynamics: eJournal of Anthropological and Related Sciences. UC Press. 6(3): 1-19.
· Rucas, S.L. and Miller, A. 2013. Locus of control and sleep in evolutionary perspective. Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences. 7(2): 79-96.
· Miller, A. and Rucas, S.L. 2012. Sleep-wake state tradeoffs, impulsivity and life-history theory. Evolutionary Psychology. 10(2): 173-186.
· Rucas, S.L., M. Gurven H. Kaplan, J. Winking. 2012. Social aggression and resource conflict across the female life-course in the Bolivian Amazon. Aggressive Behavior. 38(3): 194-207.
· Rucas, S.L., M. Gurven H. Kaplan, J. Winking. 2010. The Social Strategy Game: Resource competition within female social networks among small-scale forager-horticulturalists. Human Nature 21(1): 1-18.
· Winking, J., Kaplan, H., Gurven, M., Rucas, S.L. 2007. Why do men marry and why do they stray. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences. 274. 1643-1649.
· Rucas, S.L., M. Gurven, H. Kaplan, J. Winking, S. Gangestad and M. Crespo. 2006. Female intrasexual competition and reputational effects on attractiveness among the Tsimane of Bolivia. Evolution and Human Behavior. 21(1): 40-52.
· Rucas, S.L. 2018. Current versus future reproduction trade-offs. Encyclopedia of Personality and Individual Differences. Springer International. Springer Nature.