- Global Ethnic Conflicts
- Global Origins of the U.S. Ethnicity
- Gender, Globalization, and Democratization
- Immigration from a Comparative Perspective
- Political Economy of Global Immigration
- Ph.D., Magna Cum Laude, Department of Scociology, Paerborn University, Germany (1997)
- Dissertation: A Comparative Analysis of Immigration Policy and Its Influence on Immigrants Residing in Germany and in the United States
- M.S., Community Health Planning, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- M.A., Sociology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Thesis: The Impact of Land Reform on the Social Structure of Developing Nations (Mexico as a case study)
- B.A., Sociology/Anthropology and Minor Demography, Western College for Women, Oxford, OH
- ES 322: Asian American Cultural Images
- ES 212: Global Origins of US Culture
- 1998: Afghan Immigrants in the USA and Germany: A comparative Analysis of the Use of Ethnic Social Capital. Lit Publication. Germany
- 2002: Reflection: Gendering the Reconstruction of Afghanistan. Women, Religion and Public Policy. Harvard University. John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- 2001: The Pendulum of Gender Politics in Afghanistan. In review.
- 2001: The German Educational System and the Newly Arrived Immigrants. Institut fur Kirche und Gesellschaft. Iserlohn. 2001.
- Documentary: Guftugo: An Interview with Afghan Villagers. 2000.
- Documentary: Kabul 2002. In process.
- Distinguished Teaching Award: 2000-2001
- Outstanding Faculty Award for College of Liberal Arts: 2000-2001
- President's Community Service Award: 2002
- California Faculty Association Distinguished Award: 2002